Fire Evacuation Schemes
Under the “Fire Safety and Evacuation of Buildings Regulations 2006” most commercial and public buildings are now required to have a “Fire Evacuation Scheme” accepted and registered by the NZ Fire Service (NZFS).
FBC will assist you to decide if a registered fire evacuation scheme is required. FBC will remove all Fire Evacuation compliance concerns from the client by providing a complete and seamless service. The first consultation is free of charge.
FBC Fire Evacuation Service includes:
- Application to NZFS for the Fire Evacuation Scheme
- Compilation and installation of all signage and documentation
- Training of fire wardens and staff
- To conduct the 6 monthly Fire Evacuation Drills
- Reporting and liaison with NZFS
Does my building require a fire evacuation scheme?
If, as owner or occupier of the building you :
- Gather together, for any purpose, of 100 or more persons
- Provide employment facilities for 10 or more persons
- Provide accommodation for more than 5 persons
- Store or process hazardous substances in quantities exceeding prescribed minimum amounts
- Provide early childhood facilities
- Provide nursing, medical or geriatric care
- Provide specialised care for people with disabilities
- Provide accommodation for persons under lawful detention
Then a fire evacuation scheme officially registered with New Zealand Fire Service is probably required.